Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I didn't know what title to give this thread but that one is actually quite accurate.

On Wednesday, feeling rested from Sunday's 20 mile run, I went for an "easy fartlek" over 10 miles as I have a half-marathon coming on Sunday.
I felt really strong and light at the start and the first 4 miles were great! I was flying with no effort at all.
And then trouble started... Something inside me (it felt like everything...) wanted to come out all of a sudden.
I slowed down a lot and my quads started to feel heavy... Eventually I did have to go behind a tree to answer Nature's call...
I did the last 2.5 mils just hanging on as there are no trees there until I get home.

Today I felt better "inside" but my quads were like stone. Stiff and heavy...

The question is: does any of you know if this sort of bowel problems (probably from something I ate) can be directly connected to muscle pain/performance?

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Fulmar. All I can say is that I have been in a similar situation a couple of times and put it down to tensing up to preserve my dignity and so causing extra strain on certain muscles whilst still trying to keep on running:embarrassed:

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hot foot... :huh: that's a good point. I had never actually considered that to be the cause but it makes perfect sense...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts