Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else entered for this race?

According to the website I am listed, number 51. :)

As this is my first race I do not know what happens next. Am I expecting confirmation in the post? What time do I need to register? Where do I go on the start? Is this an officially timed race? Will I have to give a TV interview when I win it :lol:

So many questions, such an uninformative website.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Hrun

if you have already paid for it then normally your runners number etc will come through the post about 1 week to 10 days prior to the race.

If you haven't then arrive there with plenty of time so you can sign up for the race.

Normally there are markers with sub 30 sub 40 sub 45 etc to give you a rough idea where to stand for your expected finishing time.

It should be an officially timed race if you are paying to do it.

As for the start that should all become alot clearer on the day also when you receive you runners number there will be details about the course.

Yes you will also have to give a interview and normally you have to do it nekkid, ha ha

best of luck and let us know how you get on.

TT

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I've not done this particular race but did Torbay Half last year. As Twinks says you should recieve a pack with your race number and instructions before you race unless you paid through John Schofields site then you usually collect your race number on the day - were you asked to send a stamped address envelope with your application?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I did Torbay Regatta 10k in 2006, it's a good event, no need to worry. It's well organised and a lovely atmosphere. The year I did it they even had the Red Arrows fly over! :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
That's what Rich said at the time because it was my comeback race after being out with injury for 4 months :)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers folks,

All paid for and I forgot about the SAE. That would be for the reply then.

The red arrows are a different day this year.

As if I wouldn't regail you all. Although you would have already seen my interview on the TV :lol:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Best of luck.

When is it?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
ooooh citing that's an unusual time :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts