Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

There are a couple of ongoing debates quite similar to this, however, I thought I should start my own to avoid Hijacking someone else's thread!

I've been running for many years on & off road in normal road trainers and haven't really had any problem with that up until now. But recently, as the winter has crept in, I have become fed up with getting soaked feet whilst running!

What I'm after is a good set of trainers that will keep my feet dry'er' (unless completely submerged of course). Goretex or similar. I'm not really a big fan of fell shoes as I like to vary my running and tend to end up on roads for at least a small part of each run I do. I also need something that are well cushioned as I want to keep the impact down on my ankle which I mashed up pretty bad a couple of years ago.

I've been looking around for a couple of weeks now, however, most of the ones available at the min seem to sway either one way or the other and tend to be either for road use (& have almost no protection from the elements), or are rock hard cross trainers.

Does anyone know of a particular pair that would be best suited to both enviroments that have plenty of cushioning in them?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I use (as mentioned in another thread somewhere, I forget...) Nike Trail Pegasus. A shoe based on a top-selling road shoe; but with a slightly more "aggressive" sole, and an upper that is more ( though not completely ) water resistant...
... Failing that, a pair of cut-down wellies.

Maybe not.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a close call with the Trail Pegasus but I've gone for a pair of Asics Gel Trail Censor's - anyone got any experience of them? I've done a lot of hunting around on this one & found that the asics trail series seem to still have a lot of cushioning, which would be better suited to the odd few mins on the road here & there, where most other ones seem to have really hardened soles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts