Runners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I am looking for advice regarding trainers. I do not have a running shop in my town but went out of town today and planned on going into a shop up and running to have my gait analysed. However i decided against it as with being new to running i felt a little apprehensive about it all and wasnt really dressed for running as had other shopping to do. I was a little worried about having gait done and then feeling like had to buy some there and then etc and being new to running don't feel comfy running in front people.

I am wondering is there any way i can find out what trainers i need without going and doing the treadmill thing? I read on the pro direct site that can take own footprint, i have done this and the picture of my foot leads me towards structured, can you rely on this though?

Also have seen some nike trainers which say they are dynamic and adjust to everyones foot Nike Womens LunarGlide White Chrome Orange Running Shoes would i be best with something like this if i am unsure of my foot structure?

Any advice welcome !!!!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Get brave and go and get your gait analysed. I bought my first pair after a gait analysis that involved running up and down on the pavement outside the shop.

Only thing was I was in between work appointments and so Booted and Suited :d Must have looked a right picture.

Getting the wrong trainers can lead to serious problems and a gait analysis is the best way of minimising potential problems.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may try in couple weeks not really got far on running front yet so will play it by ear, you are far braver than me lol on the running up and down in suit haha in front on people lol. When i got into running couple year back i was using same trainers i have now, wouldn't know what structure they are just pair of nike running ones that only cost me 30 quid, not really had problems with them !!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Depends on the distance. A mile or two and you might never notice or by accident the trainers could be right. I bought a different pair after some bad advice and they were fine for the first few runs as they were short. Once I took them up to 8 miles I started getting all sorts of niggley pains that only went away when I bought some more of the original type :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hiya,

I am looking for advice regarding trainers. I do not have a running shop in my town but went out of town today and planned on going into a shop up and running to have my gait analysed. However i decided against it as with being new to running i felt a little apprehensive about it all and wasnt really dressed for running as had other shopping to do. I was a little worried about having gait done and then feeling like had to buy some there and then etc and being new to running don't feel comfy running in front people.

I am wondering is there any way i can find out what trainers i need without going and doing the treadmill thing? I read on the pro direct site that can take own footprint, i have done this and the picture of my foot leads me towards structured, can you rely on this though?
prowaist waist trainers
Also have seen some nike trainers which say they are dynamic and adjust to everyones foot Nike Womens LunarGlide White Chrome Orange Running Shoes would i be best with something like this if i am unsure of my foot structure?

Any advice welcome !!!!
I've recently had a hard time with tummy dysphoria and thought about getting a corset. I know it's bad for the ribs but I figured if I didn't go overboard with it might be alright prowaist waist trainers. I'm also slightly worried it's just a passing thing that'll resolve itself so I wouldn't need to buy anything for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts