Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just brought some Addias Swoop 2 for my off road training from ontherun.co.uk. This is the first time i have brought a pair of trainers for just off roading. I just received these trainers and on trying them on i found that the length of the trainer is fine although the width is slightly tighter to what i'm used too not uncomfortable though. My question is, is this slightly narrower fit ideal to give extra support whilst offroad or is it case they are slightly the narrow for my foot?

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I would say if your shoes feel to tight chances are they are. The extra support in an off-road shoe is generally provided for by additional material on the shoe, this gives it a more solid construction and supports the foot for the lateral movements it will make compared to running in a straight line on a road.

Different shoes do fit differently, conversly a shoe that is too wide shouldn't be narrowed by tightening laces.

Squint

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply decided to go with these new trainers yesterday did 6 miles in them see how they felt. Apart from a slight blister nothing! Which isn't bad as i have been suffering from blister quote badly recently. Hopefully under control now! The grip of these shoes are great would recommend based on the short distance so far!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts