Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have been treated for the last 8 weeks for a partially ruptured achilles tendon and am now starting to rehabilitate.
My problem is that whatever trainers I wear I can feel the heel hurting the tendon slightly.
The therapist has said to remove my heel lifts but whenever I do the problem reoccurs.
Does anyone know any trainers with lower backs for this problem. I am using asics gel 1120 at the moment and even though they are light and soft they still annoy my heel!
Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Have you been to your local running shop and asked their advice - they are often quite helpful and knowledgeable and at least you get to try on lots of different pairs. The Brooks Vapour offers a similar level of support to the Asics 1120. I have a pair of 1120s, which I wear with orthotics and I quite like their softness but I don't suffer with achilles problems (*touches wood*). I've also got a pair of Adidas Supernova Control trails shoes, which I love because they are so springy and soft underfoot - I'm seriously considering them for my next road shoe but I've just seen the new Brooks Trance 7..........I have a problem with running shoes.

Good luck large rat.....being injured sucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that advice I will go to Birmingham Runner it is only two miles from where I live. I wonder if they do backless trainers lol.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
large rat said:
Thanks for that advice I will go to Birmingham Runner it is only two miles from where I live. I wonder if they do backless trainers lol.
Hmmmmm slingbacks.........I believe Birmingham Runner have an inhouse podiatrist so you should get some really good advice.

Dave/Steve - I think the trouble is that I think a new pair of shoes is going to solve all my injury problems (they would have to be one terrific shoe). I get quite envious when people say they buy new shoes and magically all the pain disappears. However the new Trance 7 is beautiful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts