Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Shiraz and I went to a training session with a forumite (fetchite) called wisepranker this Summer. It was interesting to spend some time looking at how we run rather than just what distances we run. And it was reasonably cheap too :) Since doing it we've both been thinking more about things like how high our knees are when we're running and we've both set new PBs since - but I can't say that we wouldn't have set those PBs anyway...

Wisepranker's let me know that he is currently organising a bigger training day which looks like it will contain lots of useful info - especially if any of you are thinking about starting off on a marathon training campaign.

More info here - http://www.momentumsports.co.uk/TrWorkshop.asp

Sadly I can't make the day (I've got a race planned...) but I thought I'd spread the word!

H

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds interesting - it is important to work on form, keeping the arms relaxed, the stride nice and long, trying to run on your toes to propel yourself further forward.

Drills - such as high knees, bum kicks, hamspring kicks with help improve stride length and form which in turn with help knock those few extra seconds off your time!

It also appears that Michael Skinner is one of the coaches involved with the coaching day at Sutton arena, he is one of the Real Runners Coaches - he's a great guy. I would recommend anyone who is attending this course to pick his brains and watch his running style, his core is incedibly strong (he's a sub 14 minute - 5km runner).

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Turning Joggers INTO Runners. Real Runners.
www.realrunners.co.uk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts