Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yep, I have one, started in November 2006, only been running seriously for about 6 months... I use an online diary at the coolrunning.com website. What do other people do?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have only been running since September 2005, and had an overuse injury from too much too soon keeping me off for 2 months. I keep a training diary on my PC with date, time, distance, course name, pace and running condition/comments. I intend to maintain this throughout my running life.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have training diaries going back to 1986. They are the most usefull 'tool' any runner can have. I just buy a lined A4 book and fill the week in across two pages. as long as you are honest in your diary ( no overestimating distance!) you can look back and see what you are doing right and more importantly, if you are doing anything wrong!
Writing it down is much easier than a pc version, no faffing turning on a pc after every run!
I record mileage for the day,the weather,how I felt and usually have a little extra scribble to beef it up a bit. I also record my weight weekly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have diaries for the last 14 years, recording route, distance and time. it is particularly useful for regular routes as you can see by the times how you are doing, especially when on the way back from injury.
Of more value to me is my little book that records every race that i have done with time, position, size of field and age category position. It is a great way to revive memories and show these young whippersnappers that i actually could run a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have kept a training diary of one sort or another since 1989. Although I was involved in different sports untill 1998 when I 'discovered' multi-sports. I am a bit of a facts and figures fan and like to be able to look back and see where I was at the same point in a different year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Diary

I've kept a training diary since December last year. I record heart rate measurements, how I feel and niggles, things like that.
I use the fetcheveryone website to record all my times ect..

Stupot

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have used a variety of logs over the years such as timex trainer software and running magazine logs.
For consistency I use a database (Access).
You can create queries to search for different things such as routes, events, cycling, rowing etc.
I find the database the best method of recording all my exercise and you can flick back over many years in an instant.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I kept a training log, hand written for 7 years,(1988 to 1995ish) every run was written down. timed and even graphed, now I run for the enjoyment. no watch, no pressure, still race but I live on those logs I kept. I always have time to look at them and boy, what memories, twice a day training and all that, now it's just good to get out and run four - five times a week.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Just thought I'd pull this thread up from the depths of the forum! (Nothing better to do obviously!)

I keep a regular training and race diary....it helps focus the mind in the same way a food intake diary does!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also use the David Hays spreadsheet - started July last year, which was when I started running. It's a great spreadsheet (measures how much longer I'll need to run before I run all the way round the earth, so really useful stuff). No really, I do like the spreadsheet, and all the graphs it produces.

<sigh> but sometimes, I just miss having the paper version. A paper log is so much more tangible.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Karen said:
It measures how much longer I'll need to run before I run all the way round the earth, so really useful stuff) but sometimes, I just miss having the paper version. A paper log is so much more tangible.
Agreed. My paper log tells me I've already run round the earth - and another 4,000 miles beside. The mind boggles!!!
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts