Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have recently started running again in an effort to do the Dublin marathon in October. So far I have completed about 2 months of steady 4-6 mile runs about 3-4 times per week and two 10K races. I am just about to start a 16 week training plan heading for a 4-4.5 hour marathon, hopefully. I did run a 4.5 hour marathon in Houston in 1998 but have had two kids since then! Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing from various people.

I did run for Croydon Harriers about 25 years ago and would love to talk to anyone who may have been around at that time. My running is much slower than it was then (about 5 mins for 1500m, coach was Mike Fleet) but I'm not proud!

·
Registered
16 Posts
dublin marathon

i ran the dublin marathon in 95 its a fast course very flat and interesting to run:) dublin is a very lively city and the bars are very runner friendly so try to stay clear of the black stuff you start and finish in the city centre

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There.

I have just entered the Dublim Marathon today. I am being dreaming of running a marathon for years and I decided this was the year.

I have recently joined a running club and run about 25 miles a week.

Any training tips would be more than welcome.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Long run is king.
You need to be doing a least two 20 milers in your build up.
You also need to be running a lot more than 25 a week!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts