Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been running all that long so I was wondering what people's weekly training plans are?
Also, is it better to run every day to improve your stamina etc or is this just doing
more harm than good?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I agree with the frog, Jonesy,but don`t let yourself fall too much into the comfort zone when your training.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Generally I would look to do some steady mileage 3-4 times a week and try to work in a speed sessions which raises the intensity a little.

Are you training for anything in particular?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm following a programme that is meant to help you run 10K faster (than the previous programme that was walk a bit, run a bit) but it mainly seems to be about building up stamina through duration. My times are improving though, ish, but I probably need to put the extra speed work sessions in..not that I have a clue about doing them! Are they the hill exercises etc?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My programme revolves around harder sessions on Tuesday and Thursday with a long run on Sunday.
The rest of the week is made up of steady running.
I am training for the Berlin marathon in September so I am ramping the mileage up at the moment. Aiming to average 80+ for the next three months if my body holds out!
Progression is the key to getting better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts