Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I'm new here. I actually signed up to ask you guys if somebody has ever used the new training program from Paula radcliffe.. runningcoach.me ?
I am considering buying it, but as it costs quite some money i would like to know some experiences from other runners. based on the website, Radcliffe created the plans.

Please let me knnow.

·
2,002 Posts
somebody out there? :)
Knock once for Yes and twice for No. Maybe nobody has tried that program. Suggest try some of the free advice elsewhere on this forum to see if it suits you before splashing out on something commercial. Or ask for someone to give it to you for Christmas.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The only plan I have run to is the Counch-to-5k, but that was quite sometime ago. I haven't used any training program to be able to run up to a distance of Half-Marathon. I suppose I should really start looking at training programs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have looked at many free training programs and found fault with all of them! That's just me of course.
I tried a paid program, 10K, from Endomondo which got me from a feeble 2 K to a 10K race in 4 months (I'm 71) so that seems to work, even though I detested the interval training days.
Now, between my last 10K race 29 September and my next race 15th December, I felt capable of setting up my own spread sheet program, which I look at once a week and change as necessary (recovery time after long runs for example). I am at present just going for duration, speed seems to be following up without my particularly concentrating on that aspect.
Next year after recovering from end of the year debauchery I will be exploring a few new routes around here, then deciding between following the Maffetone method or again using Endomondo to prepare for half marathon. Both involve buying new gear.
Couch25K is apparently a good program, never tried it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts