Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to help site users, both existing and future, I'd like to try and create a list of links to training schedules that I can put as a permanent fixture in each distance sub-forum of the training section. I feel this could be of great use to many members and save people scouring search engines for ages to find a schedule that suits!

So what I'd really appreciate from all members, is if you come across a training schedule, no matter for what distance, or what ability... could you post a link here?

If you've used the schedule yourself and have any feedback on it then even better - but not essential by any means.

I'll take the links and sort them out into some form of order and then create the necessary threads. I'll of course do the obvious searches, but don't worry about checking for duplication... I'll sort that out, and I'd rather have the same link posted here 3 times than not at all! ;)

You're help in developing the forum is much appreciated :)

Many thanks,
Rich.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Full marathon:

Beginners - http://www.edinburgh-marathon.com/documents/training/beginners.pdf
Improvers - http://www.edinburgh-marathon.com/documents/training/improvers.pdf
Serious - http://www.edinburgh-marathon.com/documents/training/serious.pdf

Key to Training Schedules

w/up -warm up
w/dn - warm down
12x2min off 1min 12 x 2 minutes hard with a one minute recovery jog/walk between each repetition
7x5mins off 3mins 7 x 5 minutes hard with a 3 minute jog/walk recovery between each repetition
w/up 20min fast w/dn warm up, run 20 minutes fast and then warm down
75min pace 75 minutes at your race pace

O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
would it be worth putting the schedules I use into a document for them to go online or would it not work as well?

I get mine from the Bob Glover book, I could scan them in?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i really really liked the ones on the runners world webby that link into the garmin training center..

various ones can be found here

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is a great idea as im always trying to find schedules to suit my needs but one word of caution. All these links goto external sites and in time the links will obviously become obsolete as the main site changes their pages and links. could we not copy and paste the schedules into this thread but obviously give credit to the relevant site or user that way in six months time this info will still be here.

Cant wait to see more so keep them coming :)

thanks

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see what you're saying Technium, though I hope to keep a reasonably close eye on them and remove any dead links.

Twinks, Bob Glovers training schedules would be a fantastic addition to the thread and I'm sure we could find a way to host them online, though I'll need to have a look into any legal issues in terms of copyrighting etc... I think the same goes to techniums suggestion - probably far safer to link to the other sites; at least until I fully understand the implications of it all!

Cheers for the links thus far guys 'n' gals - keep 'em comin' :d

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Twinks, Bob Glovers training schedules would be a fantastic addition to the thread and I'm sure we could find a way to host them online, though I'll need to have a look into any legal issues in terms of copyrighting etc... I think the same goes to techniums suggestion - probably far safer to link to the other sites; at least until I fully understand the implications of it all!
We can ask the sites if we can copy the info from them on condition we give credit.

If they say no then link to them.

Depending on the variety we can make a new section of the site for training schedules, including letting members here give theirs.

·
Registered
506 Posts
great idea, Rich.
how about having an attached review thread/rating or something similar for people who've already used a schedule. I don't know if that would be too much. It's nice to have lots of schedules in one place though. Great stuff.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts