Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do people plan and take trips specifically for running ? I have been doing a lot of traveling recently and have been thinking about starting a Bed & Breakfast type business specifically targeting runners and catering to their everyday running needs. I don't know if this makes any sense but I would definitely like to take a vacation and stay somewhere catering to active people. The B&B could include group runs, instruction, running gear/products to test out and etc...

I would love your input / feedback and opinions.

------------------
MCLN
www.RunnersRevue.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link to The Running Inn. Ours is along those lines but quite a bit different. Not as much targeting runners going there to improve performance as runners wanting to enjoy running while being able to relax and enjoy their stay.

The "B&B" is going to be located in a small resort town in Mexico with temperate climate all year round and relatively high altitude. The town is situated in an area where we would could provide several scheduled and guided group runs every day to historical attractions in the area, runs along the river, trail runs into the mountains, runs to Aztec ruins. We would provide guides/maps, waterstops and everything required for a nice run in an unknown city. The B&B would also provide massages, reflexology, yoga for runners, healthy food, a smoothie bar stocked with all types of fresh fruit, protein mixes, wheat grass & etc. Library stocked with novels, art & literature books along with running related books and magazines.
I also envision having "guest runners" who can provide instruction, motivation and etc during your stay.
We would also have all the essentials in stock for use (Gatorade, GU, etc...) and plan on having various running products and gear available for clients to try out - i.e. fuel belts, GPS watches & etc...
All of this as well as the essentials normally found at resort hotels in Mexico. Essentially, providing for runners needs while enjoying a relaxing vacation and discoverying a new part of the world.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
altitude = ~4,000 ft

The altitude is around 4,000 ft above sea level but you do have the availability to move to higher (7,000 ft) or lower (sea level) altitude within a fairly short distance.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
hmmm yes i know alot of tri types do alot of travelling for training camps & races.... most runners i know are less inclined to.

heck, i object to driving somewhere to go for a run... kind of defeats the object for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts