Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a good swim set suggested by a friend of mine on a swim forum. Take 30 seconds rest between each set.

200 100
300 200 100
400 300 200 100 = 3k
300 200 100
200 100

serious swimmers out there will have prob come across this before. i tried it twice last week and really enjoyed it:d

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to quit after swimming the first 100m - and I probably couldn't swim it all in one go, which shows you how bad a swimmer I am!
Checked out your profile and you make up for your lack of swimming prowess with your excellent running ability. You've done a marathon, i can't cycle that far never mind run it:lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh ouch ! Think I might halve the distances and try it !! I could do it breastroke but not crawl.....not at my max pace anyway.........:(

·
Registered
166 Posts
You could always try it in a pool, not cave:d

Can't imagine being underwater, undergroud........ you're a lot braver than me!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ouch ! Think I might halve the distances and try it !! I could do it breastroke but not crawl.....not at my max pace anyway.........:(
doesn't matter what stroke or mix of strokes you do. I did the following butterfly Saturday morning with a minutes rest rather than 30 seconds between each set

200 100
300 200 100 = 1400m
200 100

Don't aim for max pace, around 75/80% is sufficient :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
You could always try it in a pool, not cave:d

Can't imagine being underwater, undergroud........ you're a lot braver than me!
Oh very funny :d

Gonna try that shorter pyramid now - let you know how I got on when I get back...assuming I don't drown....or get thrown out for removing 'walkers' and 'floaters' from the medium lane :mad:

·
Registered
141 Posts
:(
I am such a crap swimmer :'(

100 50
200 100 50
100 50
Crawl - with lots of breaks and huffing and puffing !!

:lol:

Did another 250m breastroke to warm down.

Well, I'm no triathlete...I'm training for a canoe race where swimming is emphatically NOT the name of the game :lol: At least I'll be able to get to the edge of the canal quicker if I fall in :happy:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh, we already do that...and it REALLY hurts........

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I haven't canoed in years. I used to be a sea scout.

My mum used to White water in a canvas canoe built by grandad on the kitchen table.

You didn't want to know that but I thought I would share :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts