Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you a good patient or a bad patient?

Fizz told me today to forget my next race...a 10k on 6/6...as I need time to recover from a number of niggles which are made worse by running hard. The good news is that I can do some easy runs but not do any hard sessions or race.

I know what I should be doing but I'm not a good patient generally...are you?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I hate being told to stop running. I'm seeing a new chiropractor (also a runner) and he asked if I'd ever taken a month off running and I said I had to take 3 off last summer and I hated it. He was very sympathetic and thinks I should consider a marathon at some stage. I even went as far as to look at the FLM website.......

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I normally, voluntarily, take time out from running during the summer....and play golf....but last year I didn't and I swear that was the reason for my injuries from October '06 to date.
Being told not to run though is not good news...especially as the next race is the first in the club champs I organise and I make the right impression as the chairman.

Go for it SE....doesn't have to be FLM though....Paris, Berlin, Prague, Chicago!!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
or Taunton....I was thinking flat but I've always wanted to go to Prague.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
In terms of running I have been very fortunate not to have had any injuries to date (probably not working hard enough), but I am probably a good patient, as what ever it is could only get worse which means longer not doing what you want :confused:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
or Taunton....I was thinking flat but I've always wanted to go to Prague.
Prague is beautiful go even it you don't run there :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The course is flat too...just a tad boring..and hot at the end of May!

When is Taunton?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm terrible i never do as i am told, if i feel too unwell to do something then thats my cue to stop otherwise im always on the go.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Taunton is at the beginning of April. I may consider Loch Ness or Amsterdam. I know Loch Ness is more undulating but I am slightly familiar with the route having driven along it recently.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steady Edwina said:
I may consider Loch Ness or Amsterdam. I know Loch Ness is more undulating but I am slightly familiar with the route having driven along it recently.
Was worried there for a minute SE...being familiar with Loch Ness....thought you might be Nessie!!:d :d

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hides flippers behind back.......erm no Steve what gave you that idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts