Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Very good question, I was beginning to swing towards 'last' as that person has by far the longest duration on there feet, but then saying that I could walk / drink Cider and come last without some much a sweat on so I've changed my mind and gone for 1st.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Most winners of races have pushed theirselves to the absolute limit if it is a competitive race.

Couldn`t always be said of the person coming in last.

Having said that, well done to anybody entering any race,giving it their all and finishing first or last.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
The person coming in last the poor sod bad enough when everyone pings past you to try and keep motivated must be harder I think, because coming in first you have the thrill of being chased ha ha :d

·
Registered
10 Posts
First, as you run harder when you want to win and you can slow down and run how you like when you know you are not going to win.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I came in 106th from 111 runners in my first half marathon and got lapped by the winner - I'd just passed 6 miles and he only had about 3-4miles left.

It was stange crossing the line when almost everyone had left and they were even starting to take down the inflatable finish line.

Needless to say, I was still chuffed to have finished and got my t-shirt and a fancy glass paper weight instead of the usual finishers medal.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I would say Last if for them, just finishing the race wasn't the goal.
First may go through more pain but has the adrenaline flowing and the thrill of winning is amazing.
I have been first a few times. I have been last or two or three places from last too...
Definitely, it was more often harder to finish towards the end - except, again, when just finishing was the goal. Then, I would mind finishing after last :d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts