Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it and it was great fun, I really enjoyed it.

The omens were not good as Friday I had a bad cold and swollen ankle (from running 10K Thursday night) so I iced the ankle and went to bed a 9pm. I am such a party animal:lol:

I didn't run Saturday but I was busy moving furniture and still had the cold so I continued taking lots paracetomol and icing the ankle, and again went to bed at 9pm. Woo hoo I know how to enjoy myself you think :lol:

Anyway I got up on Sunday and the ankle was not swollen so I put some deep freeze stuff on it just in case and off I went.

It was a bit of a slow start due to the numbers but once I got going it felt good and the ankle gave me no problems at all.

The course was very hilly but the two of us who ran together decided that to boost our confidence we should start at the back and then we could feel good every time we over took someone, which worked well for a while I must say..... then the winner sprinted past us on his way back having done the outward loop :lol:, looking rather smug I must say, he was even beating the time car and finished in 33 minutes.

Anyway there were two seriously nasty hills at the end:mad: but I guess that is part of the challenge, I though forgot about the second one and on the first hill decided to step it up a bit only remembering the second hill when I arrived at the top of the first. The second was a struggle unsurprisingly.

After all that I finished in 52.42 per the official timer which is not really correct as it took me a couple of minutes to get over the start line at the beginning. I was not overly disappointed, I have run 10k faster, but it was a lot hillier than I would normally do so I was quite pleased and it was a very enjoyable experience.

The cold also probably did not help matters as it is still lingering at the moment though nowhere near as bad as it was.

Now I have to find another 10k to do :d and see the doctor about the ankle which has swollen up and stiffened up again:(

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Good running glad you enjoyed it now get that ankle sorted! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I can laugh now but I wasn't laughing at the time and some of the language I was using is not repeatable :lol:

Definitely need the ankle sorted.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Yeah, I can laugh now but I wasn't laughing at the time and some of the language I was using is not repeatable :lol:

We`ve all been there I think Peter........:d

Good Report.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts