Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just moved from baggy shorts to a lycra short, and wondered what anyone's recommendations were for underwear.

I'm erring towards no underwear at all (since I haven't got anything suitable, I'm a baggy boxers man when not running), but y'know, it's getting cold and the boys might need a little more protection from the elements ...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
mattyb said:
it's getting cold and the boys might need a little more protection from the elements ...
I`m a baggy shorts commando man Matt.This is a problem I get this time of year and I have no answer.

Though I do find that the problem gets smaller the colder it gets.............:d

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dave said:
Though I do find that the problem gets smaller the colder it gets.............:d
Personally I find it becomes 'manageable' in the cold :d - why not wear a jockstrap ?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
. o O ( Has lots of images in her head now )

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know I'll get grief for this, but I always wear a thong underneath my lycra leggings or shorts. I've found them to be absolutely the most comfortable underwear. They give support but don't have acres of excess fabric to bunch up or wedge themselves where they shouldn't. Hom, Bruno Banani, Calvin Clein and even Puma make men's versions in wicking fabrics. According to Adam from DeadGoodUndies.com they are his best-selling style of underwear for men, so it's not just me wearing them.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'm a commando man myself, i've never found it gets *too* cold down there. Brave man Dr S... thongs don't appeal to me in the slightest, 'cheese wire' comes to mind :huh:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
commando everytime billy no mates gets claustraphobia otherwise!

And he's having a hard enough time as it is ahem!:p

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Falke do running underwear as do Rono.
Brooks did a range called 'runderwear' a few years ago but it's only available in the USA now I think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd wear swimming trunks, in fact I do wear swimming trunks. Then again I am a triathlete!
I do race in Calvin Klein boxxers though, they are like air wick fabric but they are really good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts