Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Burnsall 10 mile time of 1:32:04 would have given me second place in the M80 rankings (runbritainrankings.com) for 2012 - but alas, it transpires the race was not UKA registered. Looks like I may have to run another! Spit!!!!!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Cracking run Gordon. You ran the time, that's what matters, and I'm sure you'll do it again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Gordon, That is great going. As everthing is in metrics in this part of the world, I calculate that you did 5.75 min per km for your 10mile run. You must be pleased with that!
I ran a 5k Parkrun in Australia last weekend whilst on holiday and intend to do another in NZ this weekend now that I am back home. I was really impressed with the organisation and the concept of the runs. Do you know where they originated?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Fox, you're a legend. Hope you managed to get another race in!

And parkrun started in London..go to the parkrun website for a history...there's something like 170 in the UK at the moment

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Amazing running, awesome time - such a shame about it not giving you the ranking you so very much deserve! Maybe you can go for No 1 on the next one :)
You are a true inspiration, Boothy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Fox is my Role Model

Greetings from down under fellow ancients. As Gordon is still older than I and running very successfully, there is no reason for me to hang up the running shoes and use the excuse that it is a younger person's lifestyle. I finally ran my half-marathon & injury free, last weekend and was happy with my time of 1.55. This is the 1st half marathon that I have been in for more than a decade and it was a lot of effort but still fun. Sure the hills seemed steeper, the kilometers seemed longer but I just put that down to my need for stronger glasses! Just an optical illusion!
It is so long since I raced that distance that I was on a mini "high" for days afterwards. A little muscle sore too but that has passed and I am thinking "what next".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cunning Running?

Hi Eopocean11, I had a look at those links and they are Orienteering as you would know. I haver never tried my hand at that (or should I say never tried my foot at that?) I see the events are in Hawkes Bay too. Curiouser & Curiouser! I am currently in Otago for a couple of weeks but returning to Northland before Xmas. I am looking a doing a Parkrun again in Auckland on my way through as 2 weeks have now elapsed since the half marathon and I'm feeling a slightly:lol: frisky again.
Maybe Orienteering is worth a look?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hi Eopocean11, I had a look at those links and they are Orienteering as you would know. I haver never tried my hand at that (or should I say never tried my foot at that?) I see the events are in Hawkes Bay too. Curiouser & Curiouser! I am currently in Otago for a couple of weeks but returning to Northland before Xmas. I am looking a doing a Parkrun again in Auckland on my way through as 2 weeks have now elapsed since the half marathon and I'm feeling a slightly:lol: frisky again.
Maybe Orienteering is worth a look?

Go for it Mick! Fastest runner doesn't always win - the one who can find the quickest way
and as you're concentrating on the route the time slips by - it's a wonderful sport

1 - 10 of 10 Posts