Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first full week of my taper had a target mileage of 40 miles and it was going really well, I kept the intensity up and felt very good approaching the weekend. I had planned to do a parkrun on Saturday, just as an indicator as to my fitness. I woke up on Saturday feeling awful and full of cold with a stuffy nose and headache, I gave the park run a miss and I was feeling a bit better in the afternoon and did a very steady run, but on Sunday morning I was feeling drained, so I will take Sunday and Monday as rest days and see how things are on Tuesday. Next week is a 30 mile week so I can backload it a little or drop the target mileage. Still hoping to get a parkrun in on Saturday, my 64th birthday, fingers crossed. Luckily this has come at good time in my preparation and as long as the cold does not hang about I will still be on target for Ramsgate.

I came across a great website earlier in the week, runalyze.com it links to your Garmin Connect account and displays an enormous amount of information. It took a bit of setting up to get it just how I liked but I have learned a lot from analysing the output from it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts