Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned back from moscow..and tried that horrible first run after a week off..seriously how can 7 days off have such a big effect!!! It absolutely killed me...I know rationally its jet lag and being stiff from travelling, but it is somewhat demoralising to be all geared up for some much needed exercise and then not even managed half a mile!! How depressing!!
Heres to hoping tomorrow is better......!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ha. Normal for everyone. Just have to try that little bit harder, seems more of a mental barrier than anything.. hey?!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheriton said:
Why couldn't you run in Moscow?;)
If you'd seen the mess I managed to make of trying to walk on the icy streets...you'd have known running would have led to a broken neck and two broken hips!! Seemed to have spent at least half my time on my arse!! Twas very comic to watch I'm sure!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the fact that it was cheaper to drink vodka than fruit juice may actually have something to do with both the inability to walk..and todays inability to run!!

Right..DETOX TIME!!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
It will be the travelling - a 7 day break from training is honestly nothing, you will find this if for example a really bad cold forces it. Bet you feel fine once over the jet lag etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts