Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I have been doing Thai boxing for the last year and gone from 18st to 15st in that time I am 6ft. still over weight thou.

Any way I have decided to go to Thailand and train at a Muay Thai camp for 3 months hardcore training which is 6 hours a day !! 6 days a week !! very Intimidating considering the most Thai boxing I do here is 2 hours a day 5x week and lets not for get that heat !!!!!!!!!

Even thou I train a lot - Thai boxing = 3 x 2 hour lessons 2 x 1 hour private lessons per week... I don't feel confident I am any were near fit enough for what is waiting for me over in Thailand , most people go there to get fit but I think I will enjoy my experience a lot more and get more out of it I go over there in decent shape.

Now you guys are all runners and I would like to start to use 2 of my free days to hit the streets. All seems easy but I have no idea if I should be jogging quite slow and going for distance or sprinting fast.

I just want to no the best way to run to simulate what I will be doing out there.

thanks guys your advice is really apprecaited !!!!!

Jamie

(If you want to see the training I will be doing go on youtube and type "Alex Sneddon Muay Thai Training part 1" to get a ruf idea.)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Hi Jamie... welcome to runnersforum!

That's quite the training load you have there! I'd perhaps try and keep at least one of your days free as a rest day - I'm pretty sure your body would be appreciative of it with that amount of intense training!

As for running - what is it you really want to get out of it? Realistically you can focus on speed/strength, or stamina/endurance... it is possible to combine the two but with only 1 or 2 runs a week the effect of them will obviously be less than that of someone running as their main sport.

I'm sure the trip to Thailand will be an awesome experience for you - I hope it all goes well :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for info! i want to improve my conditioning. I am just gona run for a few weeks at a nice pace to get in to it and when I feel a lot fittter I will increase my speed and start to sprint.

I think I might surprise my self and be a lot fitter than I think

1 - 3 of 3 Posts