Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Possibly... Cos of the heat, I won't start training again till September, but that's just about enough time, I suppose. Will see what my other half thinks...

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Is that the one you were talking about in the "Bugger" thread, Martyn?
Training for a Marathon during the Iberian Summer (at least half of the specific training) can be hard but maybe the 10k?
Will see what my other half thinks...

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'll discuss it with mine at the weekend!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Where are you near zo3?
The hottest place on earth I have been to is Seville. We could hardly walk across the street without gasping for breath. It was about 45 Dec c. Phew :p CAC

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm in Alicante. It'll hit 35 most days from June to August :-(

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sitting in my garden at the mo all 60 square M of it and I've got a can of Stella in 1 hand my iPad in the other the match is on in the background and I've already run 10 miles today. Its only about 16 deg but the sun is shining. The same one you can see, and its bliss. :d cac

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is Fulmar. I'm In Alicante city as well. I trained for the Murcia marathon during the summer. It was a case of getting up early and bearing it. It's good training and it hardens you up. Just remember to take water with you.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I'll discuss it with mine at the weekend!
Good idea. I shall do the same!

Yes it is Fulmar. I'm In Alicante city as well. I trained for the Murcia marathon during the summer. It was a case of getting up early and bearing it. It's good training and it hardens you up. Just remember to take water with you.
Sitting in my garden at the mo all 60 square M of it and I've got a can of Stella in 1 hand my iPad in the other
^^^^ That's more type of training, Martyn :p but I may give it a go.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Bilbao night marathon is good, October and cooler as its run during the..er night!
I ran with a guy (well, an M70) a couple of days ago who told me about his experience in Bilbao. It seems to be a really well-organised and fun event. If I remember correctly there's a Half-Marathon on the day... er night :d as well.

·
Registered
993 Posts
TBH, if we're going to do it, I'd rather do the marathon...

·
Registered
993 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'll decide after tomorrow's marathon if I will go for another this year or concentrate back on halfs. Was originally thinking of dublin, but never been to Valencia so...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts