Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of us vets here here are still running PB's?

It's been a few years since I've run my best times. I now stick to beating my "vets" PB.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'm 43 so fall into LV40

Last year I got PB's in 10k, 10 mile, half marathon, 20 mile, marathon and ultra
This year so far I have got another 10k PB :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm a supervet, but have been a supervet for the whole of my running career (2.5 years). I set 10k and 10 mile pbs in the first six months, my half pb was set after a year, and my marathon pb after 18 months. No pbs since last march (half) but hoping for some this year....

·
Registered
244 Posts
I`m 51 and have just returned to running after an eight year break due to continue injuries and lack of motivation. So when I getting racing again I`m looking forward to setting some `new` PB`s as I`m now in over 50`s age group.

·
Registered
105 Posts
my last lifetime pb's were 10 years ago. however i did run my best half time for 8 years last december. as a 52 yo i look at targets and age pb's. for me a measure of fitness is a 40 min 10k, which shows i''m back in shape. my goal is 38 something which has eluded me by 10 seconds so far this season. i have however won more age category races (one) at 51 than i did before(none), and generally manage to get in the top half dozen v50's as opposed to top 20 v 40's before.

i do think however that the general standard is lower now than 10 years ago. times that would see me 50th in races would now make the top 25.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm 57 and the year before last got pb's in half and full marathon plus a debut pb in 10k. My first race was in 2002. There may be more to come :eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
my last pb was over 20 miles in 1992 . . and that was only because I'd never run that distance before . .

most of my pb's were set in the late 80's . .

got a whole bunch of V40 bests 12 years ago . . and some V50 bests in 2004 . .

my most recent V50 best was on Boxing Day at the Clevedon 4 miler, and if I can beat 2.55 at the Bramley 20 next Sunday that'll be my next V50 pb . .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Trin - you're getting speedier and speedier.

I haven't set a PB this year at all - let's see what the Hogweed Hills do for me :)

Last PB was Reading Half in March 2005 - 2:41

RD

·
Registered
5 Posts
My PBs were all set three or four years ago. Then I became fat (again) and slow(er). But in November I did my fastest 10 k for 4 years and that make sit a V50 PB.
However, I intend to beat all my PBs this year:(

Why aren't you out there nicking vaillains, Steady? Is it Trinity's fault?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
2old2win said:
Is there a rule for PBs then? If your best was 20 years ago but you are now v45 & rising can you measure v45 times as PBs?

Some people have age group PB's... such as 40's, 50's etc, because if they set their PB when they were in their 20's or early 30's then it becomes more and more difficult to break as age takes it's toll :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
vets and PBs

:confused: i am 48 and only started running
4 years ago. the chairman of our club is a very
quick vet 60 and he agrees that as our vet cat
changes we should start afresh with our PB
targets. sounds sensible to me as it means we
can still have targets at our age, run4urlife.

1 - 20 of 438 Posts