Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Travelling to London from the US. I booked through Marathon Tours and Travel and I just got a confirmation that I am in. I am excited and nervous. I came across the pond to run Dublin and I bonked. Hopefully that won't happen this time. Got to respect the distance. :cool:

·
Registered
869 Posts
How does that work then? Assume it cant be a ballot place as ballot doesnt get announced until alter in the year, did you run a good for age time?

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Like any major marathons, the marathon organiser 'sells' spaces via approved tour operators.

It's the same of any location, we in the UK can buy a grossly inflated entry for the race via a tour operators like 209events where as the local runners in NY and the US have to wait for ballot entries to be announced. The tour operators have conditions about their sale and often can't just sell the ticket on it's own, it's usually sold with an airline ticket and\or a hotel room.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well I never knew that!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I don't know why more people don't want to run abroad, it's one of the best experiences you can have in running

It's more hassle to get to the start line (and after), but I agree it is a great experience. There's the perceived expense but that isn't necessarily true.

I really enjoyed the Madrid half marathon a couple of years ago and a friend recently completed the Ventoux half.

MattB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts