Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New to this, so sorry if ask stupid questions.
I use to run alot, i loved it.
Unfortunately i hurt my hip and leg and can barely run anymore. Can do 3 miles before it feel like a knife being twisted into my hip and leg. Feels like its grinding the socket. I normally can do anything for week afterwards. I normally maintain a health leg and hip through walking and do moderate distance (30-35 mile) and weights, but soon get back to running hurts again. sorry for rambling.
I still do races, but always feel cheating and slightily embarrassed that mataroity now i walk well everybody else runs. Did half and got close to a 2 hour mark.
Is it weird that walking running races? i do due slow jogs but still comes to point where still kills.
Does anybody walk races or have to now?
Is there any what does specific for walking races?

·
Registered
810 Posts
In the UK you could look up I think it is the Long Distance Walking Association. They are open to people also running their events, I believe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi

New to this, so sorry if ask stupid questions.
I use to run alot, i loved it.
Unfortunately i hurt my hip and leg and can barely run anymore. Can do 3 miles before it feel like a knife being twisted into my hip and leg. Feels like its grinding the socket. I normally can do anything for week afterwards. I normally maintain a health leg and hip through walking and do moderate distance (30-35 mile) and weights, but soon get back to running hurts again. sorry for rambling.
I still do races, but always feel cheating and slightily embarrassed that mataroity now i walk well everybody else runs. Did half and got close to a 2 hour mark.
Is it weird that walking running races? i do due slow jogs but still comes to point where still kills.
Does anybody walk races or have to now?
Is there any what does specific for walking races?
The always excellent Lakeland Trails series have a quite a lot of secondary races called “ Challenges “ that run alongside the proper races :

ie - the Marathon Challenge, as opposed to the Marathon.

They are for the less competitive runner and walkers and usually have virtually no cut off times.

They’re incredibly well organised and exceptionally friendly events in beautiful locations throughout the Lakes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, all! My first post here, been a member for a long while, but just got around to posting to alleviate my WFH blues.

May I ask if you've had your hip/knee checked? Getting a diagnosis might help you treat the pain with rehab (if required) and specific strength and mobility drills.

Stay safe and healthy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to post again: was just wondering about your knee/hip because sometimes common ailments become chronic, painful conditions if not addressed properly. Shin splints being a very good example. Helping our body so it can help us when we run is really important. If you spot the issue, it's easy to build from there. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts