Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone, having upgraded to the new 405 would like to find a new home for their 205/305?

I promise to give it lots of cuddles, feed it (data) regularly and even re-imburse you for it's loss.

Hope you don't think this is cheeky.

TIA

Giles

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Ive got a Garmin Forerunner 201 if you were interested. It works great if your in open spaces but if your going to run around town and things then maybe not worth it.

Im looking at upgrading to the 405 :)

O.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive got a Garmin Forerunner 201 if you were interested. It works great if your in open spaces but if your going to run around town and things then maybe not worth it.

Im looking at upgrading to the 405 :)

O.
Not looked at the 201. I mostly run down to the beach in Paignton. It is through streets of houses but not towerblocks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wonder if there would be scope for another forum section, for a buy/sell/wanted type SwapShop for running kit affair ?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'd wondered that... but I can't imagine there being a huge amount of 2nd hand kit for sale, or a huge amount of demand for it either! Plus a classifieds section could possibly just attract loads of traders to spam us :( That's the conclusion I came to anyhow :p

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd wondered that... but I can't imagine there being a huge amount of 2nd hand kit for sale, or a huge amount of demand for it either! Plus a classifieds section could possibly just attract loads of traders to spam us :( That's the conclusion I came to anyhow :p
I am inclined to agree. I just thought I would be cheeky and pose the question. Sometimes people drop old models into a draw and forget about them.

I can offer a good smoke free environment with no children :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
not really on topic... but my Garmin has gone rather sheepish lately! It's being very quiet :(

I was running 400m reps on monday, and was dying at the end of the first one thinking "this HAS to have been 400m by now!" so I look down at my Garmin to see I've been running hard for 20seconds of my rest period! LOL! It's still beeping, just much more quietly than before :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Obviously I'm not that lazy. I have just looked them all up and I think that I need a 205/305 as I often run through dense tree cover and I don't think that the 201 will pick it up well enough.

Thanks anyway Owain.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
hence the reason I am trying to upgrade to the 305 :) I loose signal quite often, I think I will just ebay my garmin as I really would like the 305 sooner rather than later.

O.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Wonder if there would be scope for another forum section, for a buy/sell/wanted type SwapShop for running kit affair ?
Just to shoehorn my nose into this thread...

I'm not gonna rule out a classified section, and there wouldn't be too much of a problem keeping the spammers out (via moderation), but I don't think it's necessary unless several people suddenly feel the urge to buy or sell something.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I use a 201, works fine around town, and in parks, it will loose its satellite connection once under trees and I guess around tall city type area's...

I run on the South Downs, local park and sea front so never a problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts