Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum. I have run a half marathon (2hrs 11mins - don't know whether that's good or bad), I trained for it and didn't really ache afterwards. I do alot of running, but am concerned because i'm only 22 and my left knee is giving me a bit of jip. I did do ballet for 15 years and may have got it from that. Anyone got any good advice as to what strapping etc to use.

Cheers, Kirsty

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome!

That was not a bad time at all and has given you something to beat next time!

Ballet may well have cause knee problem....perhaps you need to see a sports physio for a treatment. Alot of runners suffer knee problems...you'll find threads on this site all about them and advice people have given.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Kirsty

That's a decent time, especially for a first 1/2 marathon.

Knees are what runners seem to injure most, I suggest you get some decent shoes that support your feet the right way (if you haven't already), and try to do regular stretches particularly ones that strengthen your knees

Strapping doesnt seem to do much unless there's swelling, a physio can tell you what you've injured, & how to fix it / stop it coming back :d

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the encouraging words about my half marathon time - although i'm sure you're all just being polite. As for the knee, I'll see how it goes after i've trained for about half a year, because at the moment it is just a tinge, i'll go to my physiotherapist and ask what stretches she suggests.

I also got scarring of the bottom vertabrae from ballet, but as I build up the muscle surrounding it, the pain lessens, so maybe that will happen with the knee, just strengthen up the area.

Cheers for all the tips!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts