Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Before I ask the question a bit about myself really. I am 70 years old in one month. Male, Not overweight. Normally active with watching about 1:1/2 TV a day or not sitting on a couch. Since packing up work a doing all the jobs around the house I felt needed something to get me fitter.

Started C25K and start W8 come Monday. To be honest until I feel I am fit and confident + having the right running gear for upcoming winter enough I am training on my treadmill. I do more of a jog than run but would like something to monitor my progress etc.

I used my friends Polar H7 strap for a week and found it ok. Now for the foreseeable future I will stick to the treadmill but no doubt will want to jog outdoors at some timer.

My dilemma is do I buy a Polar H7 strap and a Polar M400 watch which will be ok for treadmill training and outside if I wear the strap OR go for the H7 + Polar M430?
To me the M400 will be suffice as long as I wear the strap. As mentioned will not be training for long distances but just jogging for a few miles. Trouble is the M430 is more up to date but do I really need all the extra for my level of training? + A lot more money.
Any suggestions will be appreciated
Thank you

·
Registered
811 Posts
If the only things you use it for are recording runs and displaying pace / distance / time while running then any running specific watch will do that. It's generally not worth spending the extra money on a more expensive watch unless you will use the additional features.

I don't have any experience with Polar watches so can't comment on that specifically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts