Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am just wondering what watches everyone would recommend that display heart rate & distance? And does anyone know the cheapest watch that does both?

Cheers every1. :p

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
they are a favourite on here.

Have I spelt favourite right, it doesn't look right? :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The forerunner, does it come with everything you need, or do you need to buy the foot thingy as an extra?

Ta

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
No foot thingy required, the watch does it all, Hr, spd, distance, it will do splits also plus a ten ton of other stuff too, I have one and don't use half the stuff that is on there.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
if you can afford it go for the forerunner 305 they have come down alot in price now as the 405 has now been released.

You will love it :d

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
twinkle toes said:
they are a favourite on here.

Have I spelt favourite right, it doesn't look right? :confused:
Yeah, that's the correct English spelling, Toesy. Please don't be tempted to use the American version (which doesn't have the "u").
American spellings are becoming increasingly prevalent due to the fact that all computer-based spell-checkers are based on American dictionaries. View attachment 399

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Thanks Mr P, it just didn't look right :d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
pedestrian said:
So basically, you'll be paying money for stuff you'll probably never use? View attachment 397

Erm, yeah that makes sense. View attachment 398
As a man who spends his day looking at stats, I'd say that the more stats you can get your hands on the better. You'll probably not need them on a day to day or run to run basis, but if anything particularly good or bad happens you can drill down through the data to find a probable reason.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was looking at this review http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-240-321--12350-2-1-2,00.html

just wondered if someone who owns a forerunner 305 could tell me if there's an alert function on the garmin to tell you if your running off -pace -too slow. And what are the main functions you'd say you use on your forerunner.

My main concern with my first 10k is not keeping track of my pace and turning in a disapointing time just wondering if this will help? :huh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Spell it how you want mate, last time I looked this was a running forum not a spelling forum :d

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bloomin 'eck! Is the Garmin 305 really this big?

or has this been photographed on a skinny 5 year old?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts