Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope everyone has been coping ok over the past few months.

I am looking to purchase a new fully waterproof jacket to use on long runs and all day ultras.
I have previously used Montane Minimus and Inov 8 storm shell.
Both jackets let water soak through after a couple of hours.
Is there a jacket out there which keeps you dry sustained periods of running in the rain?

·
Registered
829 Posts
How about an OMM Kamleika? There is a smock version too. But given that you already have two good jackets I would reproof them, dry them in a tumble dryer to restore the hydrophobic surface properties, and then maybe carry both and swap one out at a bag drop if the first one wets through.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an OMM kamleika jacket and it is good and I bought it after hunting for a while.

The one thought I do have is that your jackets may be fine and it is sweat that is making it feeling the jacket is leaking?

I found that the more waterproof the jacket the less perspiration it would allow to escape. You could end up hunting a long time and not finding anything suitable. So it is worth cleaning and reproofing the ones you have.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
They're expensive but I have a Gore jacket that is so waterproof that I once took it out on a long run hot day idiotically and sweat pooled in the elbows as I run with my arms in a flexed position and had to straighten my arm to release the sweat which poured out like water! it's about 10 years old now, and still works great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts