Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any websites that allow you to calculate the distance run using maps of your local community? Someone told me about these websites a few years ago but I have been unable to find any.

Cheers

Chalky

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi there i use www.runlondon.com you just pop your postcode in and off you go. Its really easy to use and so far im sure its quite accurate.
You can zoom in really close on satellite too.
I hope thats of some use, good luck with the running hayley

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there

Thanks thats great. The only problem I have is that I cant seem to be able to sign up. Dont suppose you know the particular link for this do you?

Thanks

Chalky

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
try mapmyrun.com or mapmytri.com... gmap-pedometer.com is another as well!

I use mapmytri.com as it's the first one i came across that will 'follow roads' automatically making it so much easier to trace out routes!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
you can switch to 'aerial' mode which shows aerial photo's, but it's a bit hit and miss as to whether they're decent quality photo's or low quality satellite images in your area.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
chalky76 said:
Hi there

Thanks thats great. The only problem I have is that I cant seem to be able to sign up. Dont suppose you know the particular link for this do you?

Thanks

Chalky
Hi chalky just been on to look myself and its informed me that there are moving to www.nikeplus.com 10/oct so maybe if you want to still have a look at this site wait till then and log on. As this site you can save all your routes you have mapped out and it says routes will not be automatically transferred to the new site so i dont want you wasting your time hayley

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello all

Have used mapmy run as it seems idiot proof (well I can use it so it must be). Thanks a lot have already put in several of my favourite runs most of which I has calculated correctly but several of which were further then I estimated which is nice to know.

Cheers

Chalky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts