Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from the success of our summer race series Adventure Sports and RunStratford have come together once more to organise four races across the winter period. Differing slightly from the summer series these four races will be completely off-road/x-country in terrain combining mud, water and some interesting inclines to navigate through. If you enjoyed the summer series and think you're brave enough then join us on the following dates: -

Saturday 8th November

Saturday 27th December

Saturday 31st January

Saturday 14th March

Each race starts at 10:30am

Entry fee is £7, attached runners £5, £2 extra on the day.

All four race £24/£16

To enter online fill in the information on the linked page
and then click on the paypal link to pay entry fee

more info

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive just entered... the combining mud, water and some interesting inclines sold it to me

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think it will be a problem twith entrance etc... i think i found the info on the site as soon as it went up as id applied before the offiicial email had gone out

have you ran around wedgenock before?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did one of the summer races.. there are hills... nothing massive... but some short sharp ones. although that was a multi- terrain and this is classed as full off road.

its around a rife range, but they also do paintball, quad biking etc

was quite cool as the winner of the summer series got to drive a tank over a 2cv as part of the prize.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
from memory.. i think it was only one cubical.. but at the time i was more bothered about trying to find the sit down part of the loos so didnt really look.. not to the standard of the kenilworth half though

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Forgot this thread existed, until I wanted to find a link for the official site to give to a mate - funnily enough this page outranks the race's official website on google. Yeah baby! :cool:

I've entered for the series (I think! Not had confirmation yet). Course looks to be very muddy for this weekends event according to my inside contacts ;)

I'm also feeling insanely tired! best have an early night tonight methinks - I've cleaned up my spikes ready to go :d

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it will be fine and good.. im still not sure about leaving my garmin behind though :s

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Forgot this thread existed, until I wanted to find a link for the official site to give to a mate - funnily enough this page outranks the race's official website on google. Yeah baby! :cool:

I'm also feeling insanely tired! best have an early night tonight methinks - I've cleaned up my spikes ready to go :d
Does someone on RF carry out clever SEO? Very impressive re: web rankings! I imagine the number of ppl just clicking through the new posts gets it up though!

Still not sure about Sat - legs are a bit achey after hills last night (and completely knackered myself after shouting 'CHOCOLATE' as I ran up the final time!) Don't ask.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
:lol: If anything can get someone up a hill - it's chocolate :) I decided to cut it short last night and do a little jog from home instead of heading out with the club.

There's no dedicated SEO bod on RF (though if anyone does, it's our technical guru Bairy), I think google just knows where all the best info is ;)

Beasty... I know it seems odd to consider running without the Garmin, BUT... (determined to convince you to run without it at least once! Especially after I entered Edinburgh :p)
* It might get damaged in all the mud/water.
* You'll get an official finish time anyway, so no need to time it.
* There's a map of the course online, so no need to GPS track it to look on google maps later.
* With all the steep climbs and descents, pace is pretty much irrelevant, no point trying to maintain a same pace going up a steep hill as when running down a steep bank!
* There'll be distance markers every km (I think) telling you how far you've gone - so you'll always be aware of how much further you've got to go - again, no need for a garmin ;)
* Running without a Garmin from time to time allows you to run based on how you feel, which can sometimes mean better performance, and also allow a more comfortable run since you're not being told what to do :)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol: If anything can get someone up a hill - it's chocolate :) I decided to cut it short last night and do a little jog from home instead of heading out with the club.
you should try some of the abbey field hill stuff.. although the run there and back would be too slow the actuall hill part is pretty much at your own pace..

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I could be tempted, weirdly I seem to enjoy hill training! Though I'd be a little concerned how others would think of it with me tagging along from a different group and then kinda doing my own thing :embarrassed:

Gwynn mentioned something about getting a few sessions set up after Xmas... but that feels like an eternity away!

I've managed to sign my mate up (Howard, the squash player) for tomorrows race! lol... though I may have neglected to mention that he might struggle without trail/fell/xc footwear - but then if I said that he might not turn up!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts