Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8466 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inspired by Crosbunny and suffering the same weaknesses I am starting a weightloss club.

The idea is to post a start weight and then every Wednesday post an update. That way we can all motivate each other and share our experiences.

Pip is very kindly keeping a tally and the latest successes can be found in the next post

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
I think possibly it will take months of therapy to get me to tell everyone what my weight is. I'll come back, I promise, when I've done my deep breathing exercises. And been to the loo. :)

Anyway, great idea H.

...Ah, that's better.

Pip Squeak 14st 13lbs :embarrassed::embarrassed:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm also a day late but think I ought to join - have been really bad recently and the weight loss has slowed to a standstill.

Current - 10st 9lbs.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm a day late aswell but I'm hopeing I can still get in...

Current weight 14st 6lbs
Goal 13.12

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
13.5 stone. (fortunately it's carried in hips and bosom so I don't look dreadful, but still... I weigh the same as my husband!!)

Target is about 10 stone.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I think possibly it will take months of therapy to get me to tell everyone what my weight is. I'll come back, I promise, when I've done my deep breathing exercises. And been to the loo. :)
Lol, when my husband and I weigh ourselves on a sunday evening, we always go to the loo first in the hope that that will make a difference - we even remove our wedding rings before stepping on the scales in case they weigh us down! (they're only slim gold bands, nothing heavy or blingy!)

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Current weight: 15st 12lbs
Target weight: 15st (will change this once I get there!)

Finding it really hard to get away from the 15st 10, 11, 12lbs mark. Think I might need to up my training a bit cause its not what I am eating! 2 weetabix in the morning, a roll for lunch and then dinner.

O.

·
Registered
338 Posts
O, dare I say it but you are a big bloke and by that I mean tall, you may find that you won't lose much more in terms of weight because you run so much (muscle being heavier than fat) so your weight may be down to muscle rather than fat. I have met you and you hardly looked like you needed to shed the pounds.

Now if you want a physique like mine you will need to spend alot more time in the pubs and clubs over the next 10 year period and generally just abuse yourself.

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Thanks for the comments 10 but I still have a belly on me so I know I can get rid of fat, maybe with more training, maybe with less food, maybe a bit of both. Good luck everyone with this and brilliant idea Hrun!

O.

1 - 20 of 8466 Posts