Runners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8498 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Is not unusual to get more fat even if you doing running/biking/aerobic...or whatever exercises and you don't keep your diet in control.Even if you don't train and sleep all day you can still loose weight.All depends like Hrun said:

About the test, you mean the BMR (basal metabolic rate) ?.There are many online.You can use the formula or the calculator on this site
Yeah, but I meant the scientific one which measures it for a specific individual.

Hmm, 3015 for me. Not sure if that's right!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Remember, the initial reading is if you stay in bed all day.

You have to multiply it up according to your lifestyle to get your actual reading.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sorry! It's a depressingly high figure I know, in reality though you may do it faster if you're running lots cause the 1.55 multiplier is based on less exercise than most runners do, I think. Plus unless you've a bikini shoot coming up within the next 3 months that timescale is fine! This is what I tell myself anyway. Or try to. In practice if the scales dont move for a week and I feel they should have done I get peeved and eat rubbish.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I'd just be very cautious about the accuracy of the 'activity factor' applied to work out your daily calorie needs.

"If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55"

Now I do moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days a week, and do around 50miles a week, yet 2 years ago I'd say exactly the same thing, I did moderate exercise/sports 3-5 times a week, but covered around 20miles a week.

I always felt a more accurate method was to use your BMR and then add onto that any actual calories burnt through exercise rather than just multiplying by some loosely worded factor :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bit slow off the mark here.... Please may I join ? If this doesn't motivate me, nothing will !!
Today's weight 11st 9 1/2 lbs. :'(

Target weight 10st 7 lbs

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh yeh, sorry, it's Sunday int it !! :rolleyes:

Back is a bit better thanks, able to do a bit more now - just gentle stuff. Trying to get back to work but they won't let me until I've seen the surgeon. Fair do's I spose. It's still weak and grumbly, just hope I never do it again :(

I'll post again on Wednesday, hopefully it'll be a bit less then !!!
Cheers
Chris

41 - 60 of 8498 Posts