Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why muscle weighs more than fat? :confused:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
no............................. :d

Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me Tell me

·
Registered
348 Posts
Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat (a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat), it's just much more dense.

So I suppose the best way of thinking is a pount of muscle (o) takes up much less volume than a pound of fat (O). Or that a shot of vodka has the same alcohol as a 1/2 pint of lager but is just more concentrated (drinking analogies always work for me!)

That's why people waist measurements can sometimes drop while their actual weight increases.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
LazyJones said:
Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat (a pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat), it's just much more dense.

So I suppose the best way of thinking is a pount of muscle (o) takes up much less volume than a pound of fat (O). Or that a shot of vodka has the same alcohol as a 1/2 pint of lager but is just more concentrated (drinking analogies always work for me!)

That's why people waist measurements can sometimes drop while their actual weight increases.

thats what has happened to me:confused:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
LazyJones said:

neither happened to me, i had to start eating more so that i had enough energy to run and in turn i put on weight blast..........

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The vitamin content of chocolate and ice cream is very low. Therefore, to get your recommended daily intake of vitamins, you have to vastly increase the amount of chocolate and ice cream you eat.

Scientific fact!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I hadn't thought of it that way before Katten, but that makes perfect sense! I'd better go and stock up today...or I'll risk malnutrition :eek:

·
Registered
348 Posts
You can actually get all your vitamins and minerals for a day from a glass of orange juice, 2 glasses of milk & 47 pints of Guinness. I knew I was doing wrong somewhere!

I must pick up some juice on the way home....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts