Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up at the crack of a sparrows........ tomorrow as I'm planning to join some club mates for a long run at 7am. I think they are planning 22 miles, but I probably won't go that far.

I think that means I'll probably miss Gavin's 10,000 metres (good luck!)

Then if I wake up in time on Sunday, without a hangover and feeling ok from my long run on Saturday I may do a local 5 mile race (but this is unlikely).

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
In just over 5 hours, the Lisbon half-marathon!!!

I have three goals and if I achieve any of them I will be happy.

1 - Enjoy it

2 - Run under 1h20'

3 - New PB

:)

I'm a bit worried though, with the fact that I have been training for shorter distances...

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
:confused: wellllll..... It didn't really go according to my expectations. 1h21'57'' after keeping a 1h18'' pace for the first 11km.
But there's no reason to complain. I was being a bit too hopeful. I really felt the lqack of training miles.

But I enjoyed the day :)

PS: admin, thank you for the support. I read your other post in the "Stuck - race times" topic.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well done Fulmar...so close! Maybe next time :)

Just training with the club for me this weekend. I did 12 today.

Got a 20 mile race next week, but I'm considering just using it for training because I've got a feeling somethin aint right in my legs... can't work out what it is though, nothing specific.
I'll get a sports massage this week then make my decision re next Sunday's race.

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Fulmar said:
:confused: wellllll..... It didn't really go according to my expectations. 1h21'57'' after keeping a 1h18'' pace for the first 11km.
But there's no reason to complain. I was being a bit too hopeful. I really felt the lqack of training miles.

But I enjoyed the day :)

PS: admin, thank you for the support. I read your other post in the "Stuck - race times" topic.
A similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was on target for 1h 20m but got to 11 miles and my legs completely went. Ended up finishing in 1:21:55. I must have dropped 20 places over two miles. Just didn't have enough training miles in my legs I think.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Aaarrghhh admin! :eek: You still beat me by 2 seconds :p

steepler, right you are.

As soon as the pain leaves my legs I will start getting those miles in.
Actually, I will have a 5K race on Wednesday so i will get too many in until then. But afterwards... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts