·
Registered
3,495 Posts
No racing till Boxing day for me.

Planning on a lonely,long,cold run tomorrow morning..............:mad:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
No more races for me this year, trying to get myself in gear for training soon :eek:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave said:
No racing till Boxing day for me.

Planning on a lonely,long,cold run tomorrow morning..............:mad:
Bit a break that Dave....wish I had such luxury!!;)

Like you I have a longish...10miler...run planned tomorrow ...with a few club members though so with all the banter it'll be done in no time!!:d

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Not a race as such, but the first time for ages I'll be running with little Bruv, bound to turn into a race at some point.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Steve said:
Bit a break that Dave....wish I had such luxury!!;)

Like you I have a longish...10miler...run planned tomorrow ...with a few club members though so with all the banter it'll be done in no time!!:d

We hope

:d

Just hope i felt better than last night in training

:embarrassed:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well i hope so :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Rich and I are racing!! :rolleyes:

Finally....it's the 16th and last race of the Somerset Series.

On Sunday it's the Brent Knoll 5.5 mile fell race :confused: I guess they put this last so if anyone breaks a leg it's not going to affect their whole series :)

I'm not sure of my plan yet... I could either really go for it without a care (after all, I'm going into hospital for surgery soon anyway), or I could just take it really easy, because I don't actually need this race for my Series score... I've already got the prize for 2nd lady overall secured :rolleyes:

ho hum...what to do...

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trinity said:
Rich and I are racing!! :rolleyes:

Finally....it's the 16th and last race of the Somerset Series.

On Sunday it's the Brent Knoll 5.5 mile fell race :confused: I guess they put this last so if anyone breaks a leg it's not going to affect their whole series :)

I'm not sure of my plan yet... I could either really go for it without a care (after all, I'm going into hospital for surgery soon anyway), or I could just take it really easy, because I don't actually need this race for my Series score... I've already got the prize for 2nd lady overall secured :rolleyes:

ho hum...what to do...
Go for it!:d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Trinity said:
or an avalanch of runners :confused:
Good lukc with your race and well done getting 2nd place in the series.

I've entered a 6k race tomorrow organised by a local cancer hospice. Its a good cause and after all the long runs leading up to my marathon, it will be good to fun shorter distances.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I WAS racing over the weekend, a 10K/600ft ascent route at Ravenstonedale in Cumbria. It's a wonderful location along quiet roads with the rolling Howgills as a backdrop. There were only 175 runners, and only £5 to enter, so it was all very laid back - unlike the overcrowded, over-hyped and expensive Abbey Dash the same weekend!
Just one more race this year, then that's me finished for a month or two: time to recuperate and recharge the old batteries. Scotland, here I come!
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts