Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I was out for a little 3.5 today, just to loosen up for tomorrow. I wore shorts for the first time this year (outside anyway) and it felt fantastic!

Tomorrow it's the Oakley 20 for me. The last long run before FLM. I don't think I'm going to push it tomorrow, probably just go for 2.50ish

·
Registered
2 Posts
race sunday ackworth half did 1.32 last year hopeing to beat it all depends on the weather but will give it a good go ,will let you no how i get on after the race

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hope you're OK soon No8 - you seem to have had a testing time recently.

BPTT 5km done yesterday - legs tired from Cranleigh still so quite slow :-(

Then 19 miles done this morning with Shiraz. We also went down and watched the Kingston race - saw lots of Fetch and forum folk running (and James Cracknell too - but not Zoe from Blue Peter) - was looking for you Greg - thought you were racing but I also think it's a good call not to race today - Cranleigh was quite enough long racing for a little while!

Now I just have to persuade Shiraz to come watch the boat race... Come on, Cambridge!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cheers Hollywood, ITB and then the kids bring the sick bug back from skool :( Back running again now and looking for a PB at Maidenhead - if anything the sickness gave me an enforced lay off, which helped the ITB injury.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well, so much for "I don't think I'm going to push it tomorrow, probably just go for 2.50ish"

The early miles had a lot of downhill in them so was ahead of planned pace but intended to slow it down about mile 3 or so. Then I was 'challenged' by a couple of lady runners and consequently the race strategy was torn into little pieces and I raced my little legs off.

Got a PB by 3 and half minutes finishing in 2.44.06.

Trouble is now I've done something to my right leg and can hardly walk on it. Hopefully it'll feel a bit better tomorrow and I'll get an appointment at the torture chamber with my sports masseur at the earliest opportunity.

Well done to all long runners and racers today, and get well soon to those suffering.

Hammerite... was you at Oakley today? I didn't see you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Trinity - Unfortunately not, went down to Bedford to my parents on Saturday, but have been in quite a bit of discomfort even walking so decided that 20 miles around Oakley wouldn't be wise so rested all weekend (physio will be happy!).

Well done on the PB, hope the your leg is OK and it clears up soon. Looks like you are flying at the moment!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
hammerite said:
Hi Trinity - Unfortunately not, went down to Bedford to my parents on Saturday, but have been in quite a bit of discomfort even walking so decided that 20 miles around Oakley wouldn't be wise so rested all weekend (physio will be happy!).

Well done on the PB, hope the your leg is OK and it clears up soon. Looks like you are flying at the moment!!

Sorry to hear that :( I hope you get your injury fixed for your next race.

I did feel like I was flying yesterday, but when I stopped I discovered that i'd done something to my right leg...seems to originate around the knee. So i've got less than 3 weeks to get it fixed before FLM

·
Registered
244 Posts
Trinity said:
Sorry to hear that :( I hope you get your injury fixed for your next race.

I did feel like I was flying yesterday, but when I stopped I discovered that i'd done something to my right leg...seems to originate around the knee. So i've got less than 3 weeks to get it fixed before FLM
Hope you get your knee sorted. Hopefully it's just a post run niggle and will clear up as you recover.

The injury better be sorted by my next race (6/7 weeks away) as it's the marathon I've been building up to since Christmas!! :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts