Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
a mere 2k with my daughter on Sunday..... first run since injury in march, so just going to ease my way back......

·
Registered
419 Posts
Saturday - BPTT 5km (plus jog down and back again - so 7 miles in total), then a tee-total football watching session
Sunday - Richmond HM - going for the last PB of the spring.

This morning's BPTT was a little slower than I'd hoped - 21:30ish - so 30 seconds slower than I've been recently... I didn't really feel much tiredness in my legs but mentally I was definitely thinking about tomorrow rather than today... we'll see how it goes tomorrow...

·
Registered
220 Posts
BPTT this morning - DNF. I had overslept, so breakfast was too late and I felt heavy. Developed a blister on left heel, so decided to call it a day after 3k and jog to the finish, not wanting to jeopardise tomorrow's race.

Richmond half-marathon tomorrow.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Richmond Half this morning was excellent. perfect weather and very well organised. I definitely had some memory in my legs (and in my mind?) from last week's marathon so ended up clinging on to some horrible positive splits for the last 4 miles. But very happy with a new PB of 1:35:02 - and I also got a 7 second 10 mile PB along the way.

That's the end of my spring running season now.

Next season sub-1:35 and hopefully sub-1:30 :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Agreed - excellent race. Started with 8:15 miles and hoping to let rip from mile 10, but by mile 7 it was clear it wasn't going to happen and I started slowing down. Still a PB, but by 30 secs instead of the 5 minutes I was hoping for. Oh well...

It is the end-ish of the season for me too, only got a 10k lined up next month, so the next few weeks are going to be hills and intervals, before taking it easy in the summer.

Then, looking for a 1:45 half in the autumn and 1:40 same time next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts