Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm off to the hills on Saturday to combine a good walk with the dog and hopefully something in the bag for dinner.

Sunday is my long run, 5 miles but very hilly. Hopefully the snow will have gone by then, we've had just over an inch in the last 2 hours. Looking at a 2nd hand car after that.

Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
cross country race for me tomorrow in Fife, then a long un of 12-15 miles on Sunday. Then I am taking a break for a week!!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
You men must have too much time on your hands. Much as I usually 'make time', this weekend is manic.

Horses to sort out, also Winchester shopping Saturday morning, Oxford visiting a friend in hospital in the afternoon, out Saturday evening, going to Bath Sunday morning, then seeing my Mum in Portsmouth Sunday afternoon, bed early as up at 3:15 Monday!

So did somebody mention running, maybe I might take my stuff and stop on the way home from Bath on Sunday and have a run somewhere around Stonehenge.

Oh well, at least its Friday and no more work until Monday!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi All, I am going for a 6 mile run on Saturday, Good luck to all that have entered for something this weekend :d

·
Registered
111 Posts
Runningfox said:
What sort of a dog have you got Dave? Used to breed lurchers a long time ago. Wonderful companions, and earn their keep!
Cheers!
I've the all too common black lab. She's a cracker though and in her 8th working season. She's slower than some but she's experienced!

Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all

I made the most of having a day off yesterday by hitting the gym for a body pump class followed by a run whiched followed the river and the view of the cathedral plus enjoying being out in the sunshine and then a body combat class in the afternoon. Today I managed approx 5 mile run and hopefully 6 miles tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone in a race this weekend. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hard training for me - just done 15 miles with a 7.5 tempo chucked in there and 10 miles on Sunday! Legs will be battered for session on Monday! Oh well...

To all of you who are running and racing, best of luck! Dan keep us posted! Good luck and hope you improve on your 59.44.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What was the conditions like Dan - down here in the South its pretty windy. Nevermind keep your chin up. As for the time, that's a useful 10 miler, especially running with an injuired foot - when did you feel it? Ice it and take some ibruprofen (sure you know the drill).

Well done all the same Dan.

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Real Runners said:
What was the conditions like Dan - down here in the South its pretty windy. Nevermind keep your chin up. As for the time, that's a useful 10 miler, especially running with an injuired foot - when did you feel it? Ice it and take some ibruprofen (sure you know the drill).

Well done all the same Dan.
There was a bit of a headwind and I could feel my foot niggling all the way through. Can't complain though really, still pleased with keeping up the sub 6 minute mile pace (just!).

Will be putting my feet up with a beer tonight :d

1 - 17 of 17 Posts