Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone upto?

Tomorrow morning first thing I'm out for a leisurely off road 11 miles with some club mates, and if my knee is OK (been a bit sore the last couple of runs), I'll hopefully extend it out to about 20-21 miles.

Sunday if all is OK I'll try and get out for a couple of miles, and probably watch FLM.

Good luck to all the FLM'ers.

PS. Don't forget to keep your fingers crossed for the mighty hammers on Sunday in the FA Cup semi against the smoggies.

·
Registered
220 Posts
2 leisurely miles tomorrow at some point (probably 1st thing whiule I'm at Bushy Park)
Then I hear there's a race of some sort in London on Sunday, so I'll put my go-faster shoes on and line up at the start...

·
Registered
105 Posts
might see you in the morning hammerite, got a new route for the saturday striders to try. otherwise watching FLM and trying to see how many of the Run For Glory people cripple themselves trying to finish it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
BPTT tomorrow morning - was supposed to be fast, but today's 45 mile cycle ride might have hurt that.

Then running around London supporting on Sunday - including quite a lot of liver stretching :)

Good luck all!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chrisity said:
might see you in the morning hammerite, got a new route for the saturday striders to try. otherwise watching FLM and trying to see how many of the Run For Glory people cripple themselves trying to finish it.
Good route this morning did you try and find ever hill within a 4 mile radius? Managed an extra 8.8 miles with Bex (Canal to trent lock, along river to Shardlow, across the M1, Wilne, Draycott and back). 21 miles precisely, felt a lot better during and after than I did last weeks long run so quite happy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
hey, you missed out the ones in Bramcote - next time i'll make them compulsory. It was a pleasant day for a run though and nice to run with 10 others over a longer distance.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chrisity said:
hey, you missed out the ones in Bramcote - next time i'll make them compulsory. It was a pleasant day for a run though and nice to run with 10 others over a longer distance.
true but I didn't fancy those hills at Bramcote knowing I had a nother 15 miles to go! I was first to the top of the Hemlock Stone!!

Can't believe we get that many out for that early in the morning.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Watched FLM yesterday - superb crowds of runners and supporters - almost makes me want to run that far myself again one day!

Trinity - sorry you had to defer - hope you're OK and back running mara, ultras and ultraultras soon - you should have come down to the pub last night - we didn't talk about ru**ing much (honest!) - gws - H

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Thanks Hollywood

I went to London anyway to support Richk and others... will never do that again, it was really horrible being on the wrong side of the railings.

Got physio booked for this afternoon...looking for some hopeful news, will let you know how it goes

·
Registered
419 Posts
Good luck, Trin!

I spotted RichK 3 times - more than I spotted Shiraz - he's really quite tall in a crowd, isn't he? And does he have to smile all the way around?

I hope you didn't go to the start with him! It was really horrible being there as a spectator... and on the train on the way there this woman had said to her friend that she didn't really want to do it... She came sooooooo close to being mugged for her chip and number!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
He is tall yes :)

I didn't go to the start with him but I watched from mile 14 (and 21 on the way back) where the steel band was...it was almost unbearable... but next year I will be on the right side of the railings :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts