Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just started running again after nearly 7 weeks off due to an ear and balance problem.
Tomorrow is very busy doing other things, but Sunday is mine! so a nice steady scenic route between 3 and 5 miles.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I did 10 today which went well, but then spent two hours kipping this afternoon instead of taking my Christmas decorations down... Have 3 tomorrow :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Just started running again after nearly 7 weeks off due to an ear and balance problem.
Like Bagpuss I've been off for a loooooong time with ear and balance problems but now I feel ok to venture into the world alone, finally. I will try to start my training from scratch as I haven't run properly since October last year.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I woke up feeling like my head was going to explode because some disgusting cold :( i wish you could run colds to death heh. blah.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
10k this afternoon.
Felt like my legs had aged 20 years in the last few days.
That was hard and slow.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
On Saturday I did the Brooks Sussex XC champs on Saturday. 12k of mud and hills! NICE!
My club won team gold.
On Sunday I did the Brooks Sunday Run. Check out www.city-runs.co.uk
It was a right laugh with over 50 people there in Brighton!

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
steepler said:
On Saturday I did the Brooks Sussex XC champs on Saturday. 12k of mud and hills! NICE!
My club won team gold.
On Sunday I did the Brooks Sunday Run. Check out www.city-runs.co.uk
It was a right laugh with over 50 people there in Brighton!
I see there is one of these races near me in Sunderland.... think I'll give it a try next week.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ran the Gloucestershire X-Country Champs, finished 5th.11km of pure mud.Magic
Ran a steady 12 miles multi-terrain on Sunday, lots more mud.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
steepler said:
:)

How was the 'Brooks Sunday Run'
Which venue did you go to?
I went to the Plymouth one and I thought it was a really well organised event considering it was free. They split us up into ability groups covering walkers, run/walkers, slower runners and faster runners.

Someone had been out before and put out mile markers and each group had a coach , who gave adice on running form etc - I was told to keep my shoulders down which I found did make a difference.

Even though I was probably the slowest in my group I manged two laps, which was 8 miles and the furthest I've run so far. I'm definately going to the next one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts