Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Having a really indecisive week (month? year? decade?)

Saturday - either BPTT 5km and swim, or Orpington mara-fun (or half?) as LSR
Sunday - either long cycle or long sofa

Weather looks superb. No one touch the BBQ or you'll ruin it for everyone!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Saturday - BPTT 5k - the return of the vengeance of the phantom menace strikes back
Sunday - 8-9 miles

H, talking about good weather and Orpington, you know what's on next Sunday, don't you?

·
Registered
244 Posts
15 miles on saturday morning hopefully. Looking forward to part 3 to Chrisity's guide Notts/Derbyshire border footpaths!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hollywood said:
Yeah - but I might be prepared Richmond for fun (or even to watch it)... still undecided - although 95% sure I'll be racing BPTT tomorrow morning.
Acksherly I was referring to Naked Ambition, in Orpington.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've decided to take today off. I ran much faster than I thought yesterday, and have a half-mara next week, so will be recuperating today, and doing 6 miles tomorrow instead.

·
Registered
105 Posts
weather in nottingham was superb on sat at 7.00am, and we had a great run. unfortunately hammerite was still in the land of nod and missed it all. the bluebells were in full bloom in all 4 woods that we went by, 13 great miles.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yippee - I seem to have discovered that I can run marathons and not die.

Did Orpington Marafun yesterday - was a lovely friendly event - but a rather lonely run as there were only 17 runners in total and I started a bit late... But I got the only marathon third place I'm ever likely to get :) I think I would have got a PB too if it hadn't been for the inclines:

And the best part is that I have spent the day today tormenting Shiraz - cycling much faster and further than her this morning and I'm now planning to whip her @rse in the pool too ;-)

Still waiting to see if I've ruined my chances for a good time at next week's Richmond Half - but so far it's looking good.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well done Hollywood!

As Chrisity said it was a lovely morning yesterday, and I decided to stay in bed (well didn't respond when my alarm went off!). Anyway when I got up it was lovely still but the shopping needed doing, so went to do that planning to mow the jungle like lawn when I got back. When I got back the rain had started and that was that!!

I did however, manage to get out and do just short of 16 miles by myself (all my long runs to date have been with other people!). Quite enjoyed it, but very tired at the end. It's now taper time for and as I felt so tired on this run I've decided it's early nights from now on in and some carb loading, both of which I've never really taken seriously for other races.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts