Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Tomorrow - BPTT 5km including short warm up
Sunday - Thames Towpath Ten miler - hoping for a really good PB (should do it easily based on my last half marathon) but I'm watching my right leg - got a little niggle...

Happy runnings all!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I have one of those right leg niggles too Hollywood :confused:

So not sure what i'll be doing this weekend...just have to see how it feels I guess

·
Registered
244 Posts
chrisity said:
i'm doing a slow 11 miles with Hammerite amongst others to make sure that he doesn't injure himself again.

and he didn't!
all is feeling good still, although Chrisity's idea of making sure I don't injure myself is to play the hare and go blasting up all the hills!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well my weekend went fabulously - got a big PB in the sunshine yesterday with negative splits after I'd thought I'd blown it!

And the niggle in my right leg is just moving around all over the limb - so it can't be anything serious (crosses fingers)

Smiling all the way today

H

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great week-end for me too. Did Reading half, keeping it at Marathon pace on purpose for the first 10 miles and then speeding up for the last 3. Went really well, I'm really chuffed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
admin said:
Any running plans for this weekend? A local 10k for me on Sunday.
I took my club to our first ever team Silver medals at the AAA 12 Stage Road Relay 8/4
And got my B team to Qualify from the area relay also, but they only managed 40th at the Nationals.
My back is sore from all the patting and hugging.
Sure was bloody hard work though, not the A team, they were focused for months
But the B team with all the chopping and changing and yes I will / no I won't run

Ah well all ended happily, apart from my swollen knee and back ache.
Cheers ...
sorry for bragging and gloating on here.
I just feel so proud and priveliged

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Ajtuna
Yes I'm a coach and the Team Manager.
But we have a team of great coach's here, helping Olympians to social runners.
Special needs people and disabled, we cater for all.
I'm just the guy who co-ordinates all the road, country and fell running Junior&Senior men.
Get them thinking positively and with a strong team spirit, not easy when its an individual sport and my first thoughts are for the runner to develop and acheive their true potential.
But I enjoy it despite the highs and lows.

I'm thinking of making a comeback myself, if I can find the time.
I need to lose this stomach and a few kilo's of weight though, so I can feel that I am cruizing and controlled, instead of like a seal on a beach.

There are not many better feelings than running on a mildly warm sunny day in the country or on a trail, birds singing, all worries forgotten, feeling relaxed, running economically but with a sense that you are moving along nicely, a chance to think some things through, feeling rejuvinated at the end and knowing you have acheived something.

Well my wife might take issue with the no better feeling bit....ssshhh don't tell her.

And I'm struggling for time, as I am organising 4 races over the next 7or 8 weeks,
Starting with our May Day 5K on Monday, a top 5 miler at the end of May and with an inaugural 5K run for our towns festival on 24th June, and then starts a series of evening
5K's throughout the summer.

Oh My God I think I need a holiday thinking about it
I must learn not to volunteer too easily maybe in the future.

I didn't mean this to be like a press release or a promotional advert.

I only wanted to say thanks Ajtuna and enjoy your running.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:confused:
admin said:
Any running plans for this weekend? A local 10k for me on Sunday.
:confused: hi.. im going on a bit of a blast this weekend.. hoping to up my milage to about 9... not alot for your fantastic runners.. but this is x-country.. so its a killer.. one of the hills we run up.. its like a mountain.. well thats what i call it.. my husband calls it a little slope.. have a good one.. :d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts