Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me?

I'm gonna go do BPTT tomorrow as usual.

Then on Sunday I'm either doing a long cycle with Shiraz (checking out the Windsor tri route) or I'm going to swim and run (maybe even open water swim for the first time this year...)

For those of you who haven't heard on "other forums" I'm now in serious training - going to try to tackle 4km swim, 120km cycle and 30km run long distance triathlon in Holland at the end of August - all because I want to wear some GB kit - I honestly never thought I'd ever ever ever get to represent my country at any level... now all I have to do is learn how to cycle that far and of course to practice my posing (even when I come last) ;-)

·
Registered
220 Posts
You kept that one quiet! But don't you have to be fast to represent GB?:rolleyes:

Only kidding... Great stuff! So what times do you need to do then? I'll pace you if you want...

For the first half mile of each leg...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oh, I forgot - training... Probably 10 miles very slow on Sunday. Then starting 6 weeks of intervals, hills and BPTT aiming for a massive 10k PB on 1 July.

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Hollywood said:
For those of you who haven't heard on "other forums" I'm now in serious training - going to try to tackle 4km swim, 120km cycle and 30km run long distance triathlon in Holland at the end of August - all because I want to wear some GB kit - I honestly never thought I'd ever ever ever get to represent my country at any level... now all I have to do is learn how to cycle that far and of course to practice my posing (even when I come last) ;-)
Best of luck with this Hollywood! A great challenge, it will be good to have another international athlete on the forum :) Keep us updated on how your training is progressing.

Just a couple of training runs for me this weekend, got a 10k race on Wednesday.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yep well done Hollywood.

As for me, no training this weekend. Did White Peak Marathon today though, PB'd by 33 mins (that was set 9 years ago and was my only marathon), 3h 51m. Was a tough one though, uphill for 7-800ft for the first 10 miles, then flat and downhill in 2 steep sections for 800ft in the last few miles (when your legs are feeling dead). As it was off road there were plenty of deep puddles and muddy patches too!

Suffered with cramp for the last 6 miles, that was interesting to say the least!

I think I'm gonna have a week off cos my left knee feels knackered (IT Band!).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts