Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been jogging for 6 weeks and first lost a good 4lb, however since I increased my distances recently I've gained nearly the whole lot back! my clothes still feel looser though especially around my bust and on my legs, why is this? is it the increasing muscle weighing me down?!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you are converting fat to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. It's all good ;)
Well thats alright then :) would like to get my weight down though, I'm only 4ft,11 and could do with losing a good 2 stone

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long did it take to reach your current weight Hrun?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
at the end of the day its just simple maths..

if you consule 2000 calories but burn 3000 a day you will loose weight.

a better measer would be use either a tape measure and measure ur waiste, legs etc or try getting a body composition analysis which will tell you an approx % of fat in ur body.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a tape measure every week and it shows my thighs and bust getting smaller, no where else is though. Maybe a food diary would help?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you do any other forms of exercise.. like gym work/ core strenght or just running?
I use light weights for my arms every day, do crunches and also recently took up spinning at the gym as well as running

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i wouldnt worry too much..
as JBBury said muscle is denser than fat and so weighs more, also muscle burns fat.. so building muscle (getting heavier) is good as it will then start to drop your weight.. just stick at it..

·
Registered
378 Posts
beasty1711 is right liz3yy.
Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have the faster the weight will drop.
You could get one of those body gat measurers, that will tell you how you are doing at losing the fat.

For instance this week, I stayed the same weight but dropped a half % of body fat.

Just keep going and the results will come :d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts