Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips on my running? I've started running litterally every day after work mon-fri. I'm 21/Male and just trying to shift this beer gut. I do 2 mins walking on effort level 3, then 2 minutes gentle jogging to get warmed up, then I pace myself at effort level 5-6 which is 7.5 on the machine which is fairly quick jogging, I wouldnt say sprinting but it certaintly isn't slow. I then do this for 16minutes making a 20minute session, then a 1 minute cooldown period. I then do 1000metres rowing and 1-2km on a bicycle machine afterwards. Does this sound like i'm easily doing enough to get this weight shifting?

My other question is, once I have completed this workout, I then go and do my weight training purely for my top half, triceps, stomach crunches and chest area. I do this only on mon, wed, and fri giving my muscles time to regenerate in the days between. Is this ok aslong as I don't try to do weights with my legs? I really want to get this weight shifted quickly and will do anything to do it. My g/f has noticed that even within 2months my stomach is looking a lot slimer, do I simply continue to do what i'm doing now as it seems to be working?

My diet is...

Special K in morning with skimmed milk or fruit smoothie

Brown bread sarnie with most of the time, tuna about 10:30-10:45am

Salad (egg, lettuce, tomato, tuna and a bit of cheese) and a bag of low fat snack-a-jacks or low fat yoghurt around 1:00-1:30pm

I then hit the gym after work around 6:00pm and eat my meal around 8:00pm at night (about an hour after i've worked out) which I try to keep to brown pasta mostly with different toppings such as cottage cheese etc.

Sorry for the long thread but I know whoever replies will appreciate everything that I do in one post rather than having to ask all the details :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Sounds like you are doing ok but don't forget you need to have time to relax with friends and family as well - you want to make lifestyle changes that are going to be sutainable i.e. that you are going to continue with for the rest of your life otherwise the beer belly will come back.

With regards to your diet seems a bit light on fresh fruit and veggies. Do you eat any with your pasta and you can always add fruit to your special k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steady Edwina said:
Sounds like you are doing ok but don't forget you need to have time to relax with friends and family as well - you want to make lifestyle changes that are going to be sutainable i.e. that you are going to continue with for the rest of your life otherwise the beer belly will come back.

With regards to your diet seems a bit light on fresh fruit and veggies. Do you eat any with your pasta and you can always add fruit to your special k
Well what I normally do after my workouts is go to my g/fs stables and relax there and help out then have my tea when we get home. I'm only doing 5 days a week at the moment to initially get it off, then I'm hoping that mon weds and fri should easily maintain the flat stomach providing I keep to a good diet, correct?

My fault really, I didn't mention my fruit intake. I normall eat a banana or two 30mins before running and when i'm at the stables I nick one of her horses apples most days :d I have to admit, I don't have that many vegetables, only for sunday meals and when my g/fs mum cooks us tea on the odd days through the week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Training regime is pretty sound.

The one thing I would suggest is limiting your consumption of dairy and wheat. They're not good for your body. They are highly allergenic and they drain your energy.

Post workout, go for a fruit based smoothie with some fish oil for their anti-inflammatory omega-3s, and keep it water based. You can also throw in some glutamine to promote quicker muscle repair and immune support.

Hope that helps.

Yuri

p.s. for more diet support check out my called Eating for Energy (simply do a google search for it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts