Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm at last back online, having spilt a glass of coke on my laptop. I'm online properly as of tomorrow! But I've been busy racing lots too. Not too many running races, infact just the one 5k where I went off tooooo hard and came home in 17:20 - oops!

Still the run's not been great recently and I've suffered like a dog in my last couple of triathlons.

Getting better though. I had my highest placing ever on sunday in Irelands ETU race and I came 29th so that was good! Better than last the week before having dropped from the second bike pack!

Website will be updated soon so make sure you check me out!

See you soon everyone!

Alex :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Welcome back Alex!

Bloomin heck... for someone so mad keen on health and using natural home made sports drinks to avoid all the chemicals etc... what on earth were you doing with a coke by your laptop? :p

Glad to hear all is going well (though not quite as perfect as you'd like in the running from the sound of things?), I think I saw your name somewhere in the results section of 220 magazine a few months back (bought a copy randomly to read on my hols ;) )

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Maybe he was so shocked to discover the evil coke was in his vicinity and knocked it over in a fit of rage :p

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Welcome back

LOL jbbury

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome back

I'd like to pick your brains....There's a triathlon in my local village next May - and I'm very tempted to have a go. It's 750m swim / 20k bike / 5k run - my main aim will be to get round without the aid of the medical services but the secondary aim is to get round faster than my mate who's quite a good cyclist, but, frankly a bit on the heavy side...I'm not usually that competitive (honest) but he will take the piss out of me for ever if he beats me:(

At the moment I have the cheapest of the cheap multi terrain bike - it weighs about the same as a small family car. My question is: How much do you have to spend to get a half decent bike? and could you recommend any??- I know they can run into serious money but I presume there's a point where spending a few hundred euro extra will be hardly any benefit to a complete amateur like me.

Cheers:idea:

And stay off the coke;)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
He's lying... he's not back at all, he's just teasing us! either that or he's spilt another glass of coke :rolleyes:

Slowsteve... I'm certainly no expert on the latest bikes for tri, but if you're strapped for cash, go down to your local waste disposal site where they usually have recycling shops - see if you can find an old road racing bike there? I can say from personal experience that even a very old road race bike will p!$$ all over a mountain bike on the road! Give yourself a bit of time to get used to riding a bike with skinny tyres though... it's quite a different experience! lol.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Alex, question for you. What goes on in Swansea?

I was watching the Windsor Tri on't Telly and they kept going on about it and how some of the folkies trained there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts