Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

One thing I hate is running with wet feet, I cycle to work sometimes and my feet get soaked so bought leather cycle shoes.

But both pairs of my running shoes have breathable mesh and they get soaked, can anybody recommend a different shoe or something, all you runners dont run with wet feet I know?

Thanks

Peter:d

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Run *around* the lakes... :p

Seriously, if it's raining heavily then there's not much you can do. Otherwise, plan routes that you know don't have much by way of puddles & streams. As far as the breatheable mesh goes, they all seem to have it :( You could possibly try an off-road shoe, since they would be designed for this?

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Hill/fell running shoes offer great protection, comfort and durability and they are prepared for all weather conditions.
But I wouldn't recommend them if you run on tarmac.
And when it rains a lot well... I do it like steepler, several pairs and old newspapers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quite a few brands do goretex versions of their popular shoes (e.g Nike Pegasus), which makes them water-resistant. They should hold off splashes of water but if it goes over the top of the shoe then your feet will get wet!! Might be worth looking at?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
sensible said:
Quite a few brands do goretex versions of their popular shoes (e.g Nike Pegasus), which makes them water-resistant. They should hold off splashes of water but if it goes over the top of the shoe then your feet will get wet!! Might be worth looking at?
One of my (numerous) pairs of running shoes is the Nike Trail Pegasus which seems to keep the feet drier than most of the other shoes. Despite the name, I find that this shoe performs well enough to be used on the roads as well as on the rougher stuff. As has been mentioned previously, dryness can only be guaranteed to a point; and if you're thinking of trying to walk on water, your socks maybe in need of a little light wringing!;)
As a Nike devoee of quite some years, I have little or no knowledge of other brands' more recent models, though I'm sure that many of the "top" brands will have a near-equivalent to the Pegasus mentioned above. ;)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
As a fell runner, wet feet are a fact of life with me, not to mention peat stains! I don't mind that, if I'm only out for a couple of hours and I can come home and change into something dry. On the other hand, if I'm doing a ten day backpack across Scotland, I can't stand walking in wet feet all day so wear goretex lined footwear.
However, one solution you might think about is to wear Sealskinz (waterproof socks). A lot of my backpacking acquaintances wear them inside Trail shoes.
Cheers!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, not a lot you could do, if you cycle to work then wear cycling shoes and change your shoes and socks when you get there. 10 mins before you leave put your shoes on the radiator and at least they will be warm and wet!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I've found on hot days my feet can get as wet from sweat as they can on rainy days from rain. You'll either wet from the inside out or the outside in.

Squint

1 - 12 of 12 Posts